List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: The new tooltips
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-01-17 16:25:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 17 January 2005 05:36, Jason Keirstead wrote:
> > btw, you may note some cool uses of the mouse overs in CVS right now that
> > show that "once you know what the button is you don't need the mouse
> > overs" is not true. in particular, i'm thinking of the mouse over of the
> > new trash can button  which shows how many items are in your trash right
> > now. that's something that changes, and so even if you know it's the
> > trash button the mouse over is useful.
>
> None of this applies to the KMenu example.

obviously. i was talking about the trash button. i addressed the k menu
previously.

> Regardless.. there are lots of other tooltips in KDE that provide just as

for the last time: these are not tooltips.

>  Or are we going to remove the delay for all tooltips now?

of course not.

> I can imagine how pleasent that will be when using Konqueror...

now you're just being rediculous, which is surely a signal that all useful
conversation has been had.

> I just don't understand why there is no delay. All other tooltips have a
> delay, why should the kicker be no different?

i don't think i'll be able to help you understand, either. i've presented my
reasoning, you evidently disagree. i've outlined what sort of data would make
me change my mind.

--
Aaron J. Seigo