List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Re: Proposal for contact dragging
From:       Jason Keirstead <jason () keirstead ! org>
Date:       2005-01-11 14:37:22

On Tuesday 11 January 2005 10:18 am, Olivier Goffart wrote:

> I still prefer the current behavior.

But it is far too easy to make mistakes using the current behavior.

I have the prompt turned off for the "Do you want to delete the empty
metacontact" confirmation. What this means is, if I accidentally drag a
contact's icon a few pixels, when I meant to just click it, the contact is
moved away into someone else, his metacontact is deleted, and now I need to
re-create it and move him back and re-do the KABC association. Its a huge
PITA. Even if the prompt's confirmation was still enabled so that the
original MC could be saved, the contact would be moved and I would have to
move him back.

Having you need to use a different mouse button than the clicking / dragging
listview item button makes perfect sense IMO.

--
If you wait by the river long enough, eventually
you will see the bodies of all your enemies float by.