List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Re: Proposal for contact dragging
From:       Jason Keirstead <jason () keirstead ! org>
Date:       2005-01-11 14:23:13

On Tuesday 11 January 2005 10:09 am, Matt Rogers wrote:
> > Why not Shift + Left Mouse Button?
> >
> > (Using the 3rd/middle mouse button for another purpose than X11 Copy is
> > rather unsual to me. People are not used to use that mouse button for
> > such a action. Compare to the move/copy/link actions in konqueror.)

Well, then KTabWidget should be changed as well :)

The reason I suggested the middle mouse button is because that action (using
the middle mouse button to move an object by dragging ) is already in use in
KDE, and I think Kopete should use whatever KDE is using rather than invent
it's own shortcuts / mouse gestures.

--
If you wait by the river long enough, eventually
you will see the bodies of all your enemies float by.