List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Konqueror menus (2)
From:       Sébastien_Laoût <slaout () linux62 ! org>
Date:       2005-01-10 1:38:37

Le dim 09/01/2005 à 22:26, James Richard Tyrer a écrit :
> Ellen Reitmayr wrote:
> > The 'Hide menubar' option should be completely removed. The danger of
> > hitting it accidentally is too high, and unexperienced users might not
> > know how to get it back. -> This issue is also added to the new HIG.
> >
> I don't think so.  This option is needed and therefore it needs to be on
> the menu.  It should be on the: "View" menu.

I agree.
Hidding can save few space.

What about a "Don't show again" message box saying :
| Press Ctrl+M to show menubar again.
wher user try to hide the menubar?

Of course, users don't read messages (it's why it shouldn't be longer
and place Ctrl+M at begin because it's important, or it even can be a
dialog without "don't show again" checkbox).
Of course, the save of pixels is small...

So, perhapse it's better to remove it (since menubar should always show
all possible features of the app, and therefore always shown...).

But are theire other reasons?

--
Séb.