List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Superlous configuration?
From:       Harijs Buss <hbush () apollo ! lv>
Date:       2005-01-05 21:06:52

On Wednesday 05 January 2005 22:22, Richard Lärkäng rakstija:

> At least in HEAD, you can use the middle mouse button to move buttons.

Great! :-)  Thank you very much, I din't know that.

Yeah, I know... RTFM... mea culpa... there is about one line in Kicker Manual
about that, if one knows where to search.  But why on the Earth it should be
done in such a non-intuitive and _different_ (also hardware dependant) way
not like usually and even differently than in "the rest" of KDE itself - for
example, we move KDE windows dragging them by left mouse button as it is
usually expected, almost automatically, by any user nowadays?

Nevertheless, big thanks!  Umm... maybe there is some way to "glue" buttons to
panels so that they _dont_ jump to the left if any other button is dragged
over them to the right?  And maybe I can place at once my new button right in
the place where cursor is when choosing "Add->Application Button"?  I just
feel that you know a lot about how to customize Kicker ;-)

Harry