List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Konqueror menus
From:       Joerg Hoh <joerg () devone ! org>
Date:       2005-01-05 17:34:29

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi

In the last days I noticed a few quirks in the konqueror menus. Especially
in the "Tools" menu.

First this menu seems to aware if you are working in the local file system
or doing webbrowsing or so. In the latter case the menu is populated with
other menuitems than in first case. That's ok.

If you are using konqueror as a filemanager, you see "Run Command" and
"Execute Shell Command" as items in the "Tools" menu.

I don't see the necessity of having 2 items, which are performing almost
the same action. The "Run Command" item shows the same dialog as the "Run
Command" in the k-menu, the "Execute Shell Command" is showing a different
dialog. I don't know the intention of the ones, who created these items,
but 2 items, who are doing the same(?), don't make sense to me.

Jörg

--
 Da fehlt aber noch die Fehlerbehandlung. Wenn wir die jetzt einbauen,
 wird es richtig häßlich. Deshalb ist die Standardfehlerbehandlung in C