List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Toughts on the external taskbar
From:       Ra1n <pk20it () yahoo ! it>
Date:       2004-12-01 9:26:00

Hello everybody,
Working to have a gnome-like setup of the kicker (two small bars, one at
the top, and a taskbar on the bottom) I've came to a odd thing:
why exists the external taskbar?
I find it odd, since the same task could be achieved by a child panel
and I cannot add buttons or applets on it,
Couldn't be better that the external taskbar entry remains (it's useful
to have it instead of creating a child panel and add applets to it)
but instead of using the external taskbar it creates a child panel with
the taskbar applet and the show desktop button (yes it's gnome-like, I
know)?
I think that this keep panels configuration more coherent
Another thing on kicker, why not add an option to the kicker menu to
immediately hide(and show when you move the pointer near it) panels?
I was working on a video with avidemux and because it's not possible to
resize it's window I had to hide panels to work, but when I close
avidemux I need to reopen panel config to make panels reappear.

Bye

Luca