List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Strange selection highlighting system in Konqueror
From:       James Ots <kde () jamesots ! com>
Date:       2004-11-24 15:56:13

On Wednesday 24 November 2004 18:40, Datschge wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 November 2004 12:59, ´ácek Kry¨tof wrote:
> > Do you think everybody can say for sure what happens if:
> >
> > - delete is pressed?
>
> Selected entries get deleted.
>
> > - Enter is pressed?
>
> The entry at the cursor gets 'executed'.

This to me seems a little odd. And in the past it has made me always a little
wary of konqueror as I never actually sat down and experimented to work out
this behaviour - it always just seemed a bit random what happened. Now you've
explained it I can see that it's not random, although it seems strange that
everything happens to the selection unless you press enter, in which case the
selection is ignored.

I just did an experiment in kwrite, and when I've selected some text and then
press Enter, the selected text is replaced with a line break.

I'd like to see konqueror execute the selected items when the enter key is
pressed, to make things consistent and predictable.

--
Cheers
James Ots