List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Strange selection highlighting system in Konqueror
From:       Datschge <datschge () gmx ! de>
Date:       2004-11-24 14:29:25

On Wednesday 24 November 2004 11:34, Zacek Krystof wrote:
> Am I the only one who has problems with the selection highlighting
> in Konqueror?

You don't use keyboard navigation apparently so you're confused.

> I do not understand why there are two types of highlighting of
> selected files: the full highlight and the marquee style highlight.

I first wondered what you meant with "marquee style highlight", but
after looking at Konqueror it's apparent, it's your keyboard cursor.
If it wouldn't exist you weren't able to navigate around using a
keyboard, so the cursor "highlight" and "full highlight" for
selections obviously can't be merged.

Looking at other systems: the latest Windows versions hide the
keyboard cursor until the keyboard is first used for navigation. In
Mac OS X keyboard navigation is by default mostly deactivated and
needs to be enabled first.

Cheers, Datschge