List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Logout Dialog
From:       Leo Savernik <l.savernik () aon ! at>
Date:       2004-11-16 16:20:04

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Montag, 15. November 2004 21:27 schrieb Zander@kde.org:
> On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 03:11:41PM -0500, Celeste Paul wrote:
> > what is the purpose of underlining the text when it is in focus?  it
> > doesnt add anything to the interface.
>
> Its an attempt of showing focus; an outline (as khtml does it) will not be
> very visible and usable..

But every button uses a dotted focus rectangle to indicate focus. Therefore, a
dotted focus rectangle should indicate the focus here, too (regarding
visibility, the Motif style has a solid focus rectangle, so it's merely a
matter of styling).

I haven't ever encountered underlining for focus indication in KDE, making it
inconsistent.

[...]

mfg
 Leo