List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Logout Dialog
From:       Datschge <datschge () gmx ! de>
Date:       2004-11-15 17:45:04

On Monday 15 November 2004 12:11, Andre Moreira Magalhaes wrote:
> I did some changes to the logout dialog in order to improve it's
> usability and eyecandy (at least in my opnion). I would like to
> know what you think about and what can be done to improve it (if
> that's case).

Being yet another dialog throwing away plenty of KDE UI standards for
no real reason this is no usability improvement. As I understand the
logout dialog is similar to kdm and ksplash/ml as in that they matter
only when the computer is being turned on/off or the user switched,
so rather than hardcoding yet another non-standard UI (which should
rather become fever, not more) I suggest to make it themeable e.g.
using kdm's new theme engine.

Cheers, Datschge