List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Change Konqueror View Idea
From:       Frans Englich <frans.englich () telia ! com>
Date:       2004-11-10 13:43:42

On Friday 14 May 2004 08:01, Sean Lynch wrote:
> I spent a little time tonight thinking about how to make the way you change
> views in konqueror better.  There was talk about putting all of the
> different views in one dropdown icon, and I agree, somewhat.  While I do
> think they should be grouped, I think leaving it as 1 icon makes it to hard
> to pick out from the group of icons on the toolbar.  Also, since many
> views, such as gwenview's image browser and kfilereplace (definately) add
> alot of their own icons, making it even more difficult to pick out which
> are used to switch views, and which are used for other things.  I decided
> to go with a combobox with icons next to each entry, as well as keep a
> defined grouping to help find the option you want the quickest.  I also put
> it down next to location, as it seemed to fit best there, as well as when
> kfilereplace, etc adds their extra icons, it doesn't move the location of
> this widget.

The idea is interesting, but if it is deemed to be a good idea, will it then
happen? Do you have a patch or is it a mockup? Do you know anyone else who
will write it? (my instant thought is how the actions would be merged from
the different kparts into the combo box.)

I will, FWIW, comment when there's an indication it's not vaporware.

Cheers,

		Frans