List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: HIG, Templates, and other stuff translated into Spanish
From:       Charles de Miramon <cmiramon () kde-france ! org>
Date:       2004-11-09 14:22:42

Le Mardi 9 Novembre 2004 19:05, Lorenzo Fernando Bivens de la Fuente a écrit :

> The current KDE spanish translation is the Spain spanish one. It is not
> very different but it is sufficiently different to make many people
> complain here. I am currently working with some people on this problem.

You should coordinate with the KDE-Hispano group. The concept of Latin
American Spanish is a bit fuzzy indeed. To my knowledge, there is no
homogeinity between Mexican Spanish, Andean Spanish, Argentinian and Chilean
Spanish. But there is no reason why we could not have translations in the
different variant of Spanish like we do for English (British and American).

We have several Brazilian developers, a Colombian developer and an Argentinian
one.

> So... Is there any place in kde-usability for Spanish translations?
> I could start right now...  What do you say?

The Usability HIG is normally going to be rewritten during the next year. But
every translation is welcome and KDE-Hispano is certainly the place to
coordinate this stuff. You could also contact Juan Luis Baptiste
<juan.baptiste@kdemail.net> who is preparing a course on development with KDE
for a Colombian University.

Cheers,
Charles