List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Ease of Use Newsletter
From:       Frans Englich <frans.englich () telia ! com>
Date:       2004-11-06 14:24:39

On Saturday 06 November 2004 17:06, Datschge wrote:
> On Saturday 06 November 2004 07:48, Görkem Çetin wrote:
> > I'll forward some news, newsletters, articles, book reviews etc
> > whatever I find relevent to the list with a frequency of not more
> > than once or twice a week.
> >
> > If noone objects... ;-)
>
> I object, the particular newsletter you forwarded reads more like an
> advertising piece from, for and about IBM,

If that's the case, the post was unsuitable.

> is overall barely related
> to this mailing list's topic and as such only adds noise here. Feel
> free to write about specific things mentioned in the newsletter on
> your own, but just forwarding some huge external writings without any
> review of its content is an insult to this mailing list's purpose
> (discussion, not syndication of different newsletters) and will only
> drag the s/n ratio further down.

But what about a link, and an explaining short paragraph/quote? Would that be
ok?

It is off-topic in the strict sense -- "kde-usability is for KDE Usability
Development" -- but it nevertheless is interesting for the people on the
list, and most likely gain KDE's usability by introducing new thoughts.
Discussion of the post would be forbidden(it could be mentioned in each
post). Besides, it's probably 3 times more on-topic than the average post on
this list :)

Cheers,

		Frans