List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Remove Home icon from Desktop (was Mini usability study)
From:       Thomas Zander <TZander () factotummedia ! nl>
Date:       2004-10-01 16:22:18

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 11:03:37AM -0400, illogic-al wrote:

> > > Are you frigging kidding me? It's a SIXTY year OLD man. Who gives a shit
> > > if he doesn't understand?
> >
> > Let me repeat: the 60-year-old user had no problem understanding the
> > concept of home directory (which BTW was called "personal files" in
> > italian). His problem was not to be able to find symbolic
> > representations of his disks, and he complained the home dir is not enough.
> Ok, I totally understand that. And my point was that and my point was that one
> person, especially one non-representative-of-the-majority person, should not
> be enough to dictate or even initiate any changes in a programs function/user
> interface. My other point was that you called this a mini usability study
> when, in fact, it was not. A study can not ever consisit of only one person.

Hmm.. illogic-al has some good points; but a lousy way of saying them. :/
As I said in my initial response on this thread; any feedback on our
software is looked at, and first impressions certainly count.
I agree that a usability test is something quite different, but with the
info Maurizio gave we know where to give this feedback value.

Do we have a general HOWTO on usability tests?

--
Thomas Zander