List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KDE 3.3 review and configuration menu
From:       Christian Loose <christian.loose () hamburg ! de>
Date:       2004-09-21 20:03:35

On Tuesday 21 September 2004 14:13, Charles de Miramon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> One point made by Jonathan in his nice usability review of KDE 3.3 is a
> downside of our object-oriented infrastructure. Id est, that configuration
> menus have sometimes 3 or 4 entries for configuration options (shortcuts,
> toolbars, application, spellchecking) when it would certainly be better to
> have only one menu entry : configuration and have 'shortcuts', 'toolbars',
> 'application' and 'spellchecking' as different modules in the general
> configuration widget.

How about a different solution...I think the app-specific configuration menu
item is the most important one. So IMHO it should be separated with line from
the other configure items and it should be always the last item in the
settings menu.

I think this way we gain consistency between the apps and the menu item should
then be fairly easy to find.

What do you think?

Christian