List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: HIG: Systray apps: systray screenshot
From:       Thomas Zander <TZander () factotummedia ! nl>
Date:       2004-09-16 6:26:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

First;  I like the idea!
Is it possible to move the 'I' to the top of the dialog; this layout
makes me thing the I is _only_ for the picture..  (this is a general
dialogs problem though..)

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 12:46:30AM +0200, S?bastien Lao?t [temporar] wrote:
> Someone mailed me to suggest that, in addition to or instead of using a
> red circle, the area around the proper SysTray icon could be
> desaturated, helping bring it into sharper focus.
>
> Don't know if it is easily possible to program.
> Is it increase usability?
> What do you think about it?

Yes; red is one of the colors that (some) color blind people may not see.
I don't think de-saturation is a good replacement for the circle; as an
addition it would be a good idea.
Easier to do is to make the area outside the circle have a black pixel
ever other pixel (semi-transparant is what the icon-kcm calls it).
I agree with another poster that the red could be replaced with the users
highlighting color.

Maybe you can try to see what the effect is when you paint the circle with
an XOR brush, but I am not familiar with the power of the image operations
in Qt..

--
Thomas Zander