List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Allocating a virtual desktop automatically [was: thoughts on
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-09-01 14:54:46

On Wednesday 01 September 2004 08:24, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
> I don't want my taskbar to looks like:
> [ gimp - brushes ][ gimp - gradients ][ gimp - img1 ][ gimp - img2]
>
> but
> [ gimp - toolboxes group ][ gimp - img1 ][ gimp - img2 ]
>
> which is good and makes sense.

i agree. it's simply of how to get there.

on kde-devel i suggested mapping out the window parent/child relationship in a
tree which should fairly accurately provide exactly this. AFAIK, KWin does
this for focus-stealing-prevention so that an application can pop up new
windows over itself but other applications can't.

--
Aaron J. Seigo