List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: The User Interface Guidelines have moved
From:       Frans Englich <frans.englich () telia ! com>
Date:       2004-08-25 17:18:51

On Wednesday 25 August 2004 12:32, Aaron Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 August 2004 02:13, Frans Englich wrote:
> > Yes, I think so. Vanilla Docbook XML 4.3 is used, without the KDE
> > specific extensions; this is for good and bad since the KDE variant is
> > too restrictive but OTOH it is perhaps useful/needed for doing
> > translations the KDE way. I think it would be possible to switch to the
> > KDE DTD with some hacks. I will look closer into this.
>
> talking to Lauri Watts, the current version on the website is not
> translatable using the KDE tools since Frans change the DTD used. further
> conversation revealed that it is possible to fix that by using the KDE DTD
> again, and that it is quite possible to do that while using the PHP stuff
> of the KDE websites...

Yes, the XSL/PHP stuff is transparent to the DTD. But, the UIG doesn't
validate against kdex.dtd, but works fine against vanilla 4.3 Docbook, I
don't remember what the problem was. The KDE DTD is tailored(I don't know
exactly what) for the KDE documentation(I suspect it has to do with what
chapter 19 in the KDE Docbook guide mentions) while the UIG is a plain book.
As said, I don't think that's a big problem to solve, because it's a matter
of adding a dtd customization(for the UIG), which does not bring in the parts
that conflicts with the UIG's needs. Perhaps Lauri knows what it is, I will
otherwise look into it as it becomes relevant(KUA/UIG uses catalog files so
it's easily changed).

			Frans