List:       kde-usability
Subject:    usability professionals react to frans englich's newsforge article
From:       Tina Trillitzsch <t.trillitzsch () gmx ! de>
Date:       2004-08-01 11:01:25

I found an article that I thought might be of interest to the list:

OK-Cancel, a blog run by two usability professionals, posted an article in reaction \
to the Newsforge article "Open source usability is a technical problem we can solve \
on our own" by Frans Englich [1].

In their article, which includes a tongue-in-cheek comic strip, they applaud the goal \
of improving usability awareness in open source developers but appear to be saddened \
by the distrust in and trivialization of professional usability.

I think this is an interesting read (don't forget to read the comments as well) and a \
valuable look at the non-developer side of the discussion.

Read it here:
http://www.ok-cancel.com/archives/week_2004_07_30.html

Tina

[1] http://programming.newsforge.com/programming/04/07/07/1640244.shtml