List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: list of usability-related aKademy discussion
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () suse ! cz>
Date:       2004-07-27 7:45:56

On Monday 26 of July 2004 08:09, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> hi all...

> 3. kicker
> 	a) internal coding issues and general improvements. i already have a diff
> here in excess of 4k lines, and hopefully that will serve as a baseline for
> discussion and will be even larger by the time i get to aKademy =)
> 	b) new default kicker layout for KDE4?
> 	c) examining the state of the various kicker extensions
>
> 4. kdesktop
> 	a) icon layout and handling. needs a rewrite, and Qt4 forces that anyways
> 	b) something like karamba ought to be IN kdesktop if there at all

 Perhaps this could be extended to desktop as a whole, i.e.
kwin+kdesktop+kicker? At b.k.o there are wishes for tabs in KWin, Ion-like
layout, systray problems, this, that and whatnot, and I have to admit myself
the kwin+kdesktop+kicker combo could use some improvement. But I don't want
to just start throwing in random features, it's somewhat unconsistent
already, so I'd like to have some discussion about the desktop UI at aKademy.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer