List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Clock and timezone
From:       Gérard_Delafond <gerard () delafond ! org>
Date:       2004-07-25 15:17:50

Le dimanche 25 Juillet 2004 16:55, Henrique Pinto a écrit :
> Em Dom 25 Jul 2004 04:48, Gérard Delafond escreveu:
> > Hi all !
>
> Hi!
>
> > This option is VERY confusing. Nothing says you have changed the
> > timezone.
>
> Nothing, except that the date field is changed to the city the current
> timezone refers to. C'mon, isn't "00:53 Sydney" clear enough for you to
> know the clock isn't showing the local time?
Oh, yes, I could'nt see it because of using transparency.
When I see it, it's clear !

> > Should be removed as it is or seriously modified.
> >
> > Agree ?
>
> Of course not. If you don't use this option, why not disabling it? It is
> easy...
I don't dislike the ability to do this, I dislike it is the default behaviour,
and I have no warning when it occurs.
I have a synaptics touchpad which sometimes clicks in random places, and it
took monthes to understand what occurs.

Perhaps a little passive popup should warn the user something happened (no
need to confirm).

thanks for your answer

Gerard