List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Reorganizing menuitems in kbabel
From:       Gérard_Delafond <gerard () delafond ! org>
Date:       2004-07-25 7:54:46

I realised that KBabel used a strange way to display some options in the menu.

In Tools menu -> Diff, there are 2 items = show diff mode (F5) or show text
(F6).
(perhaps the strings are slightly different, I am using french translation)

As these items exclude each other (when you are showing diff mode, you can
only use F6, and when you are in text mode, only F5 has an effet), I think
they should use the new class which lets one only item appear, depending on
the status in use at this moment.

I think I never saw another similar layout in KDE.

Modifying this sort of layout is a simple way to fight cluttered menus and
improve usability.

Hope everybody has a nice day

Gerard