List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: General KDE Usability
From:       Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <gustavo () gsbarbieri ! sytes ! net>
Date:       2004-07-15 16:50:58

Em Wednesday 14 July 2004 08:24, joaobr escreveu:
> On Tuesday 13 July 2004 14:02, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> > Daniel Engelschalt wrote:
> > > Wouldn't it be an option to start konqui (the first time) with
> > > as few as possible icons/toolbars and point the user to a
> > > profile which adds all the "geek's" stuff?
> >
> > Actually, this is power user stuff rather than "geek" stuff.  It
> > would probably be reasonable to have less stuff as the default
> > since power users are able to configure the tool bars and newbies
> > are afraid to do it.  But, this doesn't apply to the: "Up" button.
>
> I believe that this is almost the best orientation so far.
>
> Reading all posts in this threads the file and browser toolbar should
> be different.
>
> Then the browser general toolbar should have
> - home (user defined homepage)
> 	- (perhaps holding the buttom
> 		it goes up to the actual website homepage?)
> - back
> - forward
> - refresh

- stop

> And the Filemanager should have
> - home (~ or user defined)
> - up
> - back
> - forward
> - delete
>
> and similar with other actions groups / toolbars
>
> Even if it has a certain function the cut/copy/past icons are not so
> very much used in a browser but in a filemanager. So may be it make
> sense to have
>
> Browser
> - search/find
> - print

Is print really used that much? I don't think so. And since it's in first
level menu (File->Print) and have the default shortcut (^P), I don't think
it's need.

> Filemanager
> - cut
> - copy
> - paste
> - search/find
> - print

Oh... print is really not needed here... I was so curious when I read that I
did go try it out... guess what? It's disabled.

If embedded viewers want, they can provide the icon in their <Merge>

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri