List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Easier Searching in KDE
From:       Dik Takken <D.H.J.Takken () phys ! uu ! nl>
Date:       2004-06-16 7:48:09

I guess you all know the Storage project from our Gnome collegues:

http://www.gnome.org/~seth/storage/

They are currently implementing something that is about just the same as
has been discussed here.

If you have not looked at this project, do it now. Also see the
screenshots, which shows the network-transparent natural-language
find-as-you-type feature.

Maybe it would be a good thing to see if we can share code with the Gnome
implementation. After all, there's no point in implementing the same
natural-language interpreter and database indexer twice, right?

Cheers,

Dik