List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: "Execute command" -> open file
From:       Sébastien_Laoût <sebastien.laout () tuxfamily ! org>
Date:       2004-06-12 16:17:55

Le sam 12/06/2004 à 00:35, Denny Schierz a écrit :
> Am Fr, den 11.06.2004 schrieb Alexander Neundorf um 23:28:
> >  [OT] So again a file dialog. Why not use thew file manager to browse to the
> > file and click it ?
>
> simple, you can't change the run parameter, for example "runs as" or
> something else.

As a related subject :

What I would want in the "Open with..." dialog of Konqueror is
parameters to "Run as".
For example, I browse a folder, select a subfolder and choose RMB ->
"Open with..." "konqueror", and check "Run as [ root |v]".

Basically, I would want to have all (or the most used) Alt+F2 dialog
options ("Options >>") in the "Open with..." dialog.

Is it would solve your problem ?

what i'm really missing in the "execute command" window, is a button to
> open a file, instead type in the whole path to the file i want to
> execute.

GNOME 2.6 have it : in Alt+F2 (CLI dialog) you can type a command (with
autocompletion : very easy) and then click the button "Select file" (I
think it's named as that) to append a file as a parameter.
Sometimes I use it. It's cool.

> Under windows the button calls "Durchsuchen" in german. I need
> that often for programs, that are not in the PATH=".." . It makes the
> life easier ;-)

Oh. I've misendersttod.
You need it just to launch programs, installed in home dir (but not in
the path). OK.
I could also be used as that.