List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Default kicker postion
From:       Florian Graessle <flograessle () uni ! de>
Date:       2004-06-09 16:19:44

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 13:03:22 -0400
smitty@absamail.co.za wrote:

> > The same applies to switching from window to window using the
> > taskbar. When I "cycle" through maximized windows I don't have to
> > move my eyes or even my head (I have a pretty large TFT screen) down
> > to the kicker, activate a kicker entry, move them up again to
> > recognize the content of the window, move my eyes down again,
> > activate another window, move my eyes up, and so on. That's very
> > annoying. With the kicker at the top of the screen and the scpecific
> > window menus and toolbars at the top of each window I have
> > everything in view at once. The titlebar functions as a visible
> > divider to not mix up toolbar buttons with the ones of kicker.
>
> Why would you look down? [Alt+Tab] is for cycling through
> applications.
>
> Note: I'm not 100% on what action you are explaining, so you might
> need to re-explain it.<g>

I didn't mean [Alt+Tab] when I said "cycle". Sorry if I mislead you.
I'll try to re-explain:
What I meant was changing from window to window by clicking the
respective taskbar entries. That way one has to look up and down over
and over again. Down to find the approriate taskbar entry, up again to
realize the content of the window - and so on. That's very annoying and
would be avoided with the taskbar on top. The taskbar entries and the
content of the windows would be much closer. That's the main reason why
I switched to "kicker on the top".

Florian