List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Default kicker postion
From:       Dan Jensen <admin () leinir ! dk>
Date:       2004-06-08 11:04:17

Hello People,

  Just my € .02 here... A couple of questions and a confession to make ;)

------------------
First, the confession:

  I was going to write a letter describing how I could not see the bar working
at the top, but of course thought that I could not do that without actually
trying it first. So I did, and apart from the small space available for the
taskbar in tiny mode, it works great!

------------------
Second, a question:

  What icons in the system tray don't resize? All of the ones I've got here
do, that is:
- Klipper
- KOrganizer's Alarm Daemon
- KGPG
- KMix
- KWallet
- Kopete
- Konversation
- Amarok
- The kio progress thing (name of which escapes me right now)

  I had an aRts control applet on the panel before, but there's not really
room for it now...

------------------
Third, another question:

  On the topic on space, how does this work in 800x600? It has long been
decided that KDE must at all cost work in 800x600. Does a tiny kicker at the
top of the screen work at 800 pixels wide?

------------------
Fourth, yet a question:

  Should the general layout of the kicker be changed? I am here talking about
the amount of launchers by default (mine has K, Home quick browser,
Bookmarks, Konsole and Konqueror)... I know this is a hot potatoe, but I
think it would be worth discussing again, with this kicker mode in mind.

------------------
Fifth, a slight problem with graphics:

  I've found that the analogue clock is just about invisible at this size, as
is clearly visible in this screenshot (my entire kicker, so you might see
what the whole setup looks like: http://www.leinir.dk/temp/kicker-tiny.jpg

Sixth, that's it!

  That was my € .02 :) I must say, however, that it seems a good plan to me,
now that I've tried it...

--
..Dan // Leinir..
http://www.leinir.dk/mindripple/