List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Easier Searching in KDE
From:       Dik Takken <D.H.J.Takken () phys ! uu ! nl>
Date:       2004-06-08 8:02:30

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004, Jamethiel Knorth wrote:

> I'm going to post this to core-devel when 3.3 is released. A discussion about
> optimizing the search backend really belongs there. Some of the people on
> there probably will have some really solid ideas about it.

Yes I agree, but not before the desired user experience has been defined
by us on this list. Once we have reach an agreement, we should prepare a
proposal. The people on the kde-core-devel list will need to discuss the
technical details of the proposal, discuss the priority of the featre
and decide if it's worth spending the required manpower on it. Most
kde-usability people won't be able to participate in that discussion
(which is good) so we must make sure that the usability part of the
discussion has been finished here first.

Indeed, we should not discuss technical details like indexing, caching,
and so on. That's not our field.

Cheers!

Dik