List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: New File Selection Dialogs
From:       Alexander Neundorf <neundorf () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-05-31 20:32:48

On Sunday 30 May 2004 06:14, Jamethiel Knorth wrote:
> I have put together designs for a new set of file dialogs. They're not
> massively different, but there are a lot of changes. The good version is
> at:

More or less unrelated note: from time to time I think that the file dialog
and the file manager (konqy) should somehow be merged. In many cases you do
the same thing with both: navigate to a file and the click it in order to
open it.
I even find myself more and more often open files by searching them with konqy
and the "open with" instead of starting the app and then opening the file
dialog.

Bye
Alex
--