List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Krename 3.0.0 RC2
From:       Mikolaj Machowski <mikmach () wp ! pl>
Date:       2004-05-27 23:43:30

Dnia czwartek, 27 maja 2004 07:31, Stefan Onken napisał:
> Hi,
>
> We released today KRename 3.0.0rc2. You may find here:
> http://www.krename.net
>
> From the release notes:
> "
> Thanks to the kde-useabillity list we were able to improve the
> useabillity of this version ernormous. The new designed beginners
> mode is much easier to use now, an automatic instant undo feature
> makes your life easier and many more  smaller useability
> improvements went into this release. A few bugs were fixed, too.
> "
>
> Thanks...

Thanks too :)

At least for me this is really smooth now. Alas, still some rough edges:

a)
When right clicking in directory (without selected files) KRename adds
all images recursively. It is rather uncommon thing. As special feature
why not, but default behaviour?

b)
Button Sort in first tab. Thanks for description of state but two
issues:
    - [Sort (Ascending)] Are () needed? They make button looks heavy.
      [Sort: Ascending] looks better.
      krename/kmylistbox.cpp: 658 -
      from:
	string = " (" + string + ")";
      to:
	string = ": " + string;

    - When changing sort type size of button is changing, and with it
      whole window layout. Awwwww.

c)
Last tab, wizard mode:
- top part (Filename:, Number:) is misaligned comparing to lower part
- strange, short line just below menubar.
- In legends Filename:, Number:, : is redundant.
- But : could be added after 'Number of digits' label in 'Number'

d)
Don't understand now how to add directory :(

e)
In KFileDialog, Add Hidden Directories checkbox should be indented to
show dependency on 'Add subdirectories recursively'

f)
Undo is great! But it doesn't remove created directories. They should be
removed or short message should be given: 'It is possible new directory
was created during previous operation. You should remove it manually'.

Perfection is hard! :)

m.

Learn Touch Typing with Vim: http://www.vim.org Script #461
vim.pl - http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj