List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: relevantive study translated and online
From:       Mikolaj Machowski <mikmach () wp ! pl>
Date:       2004-05-25 12:23:23

Dnia poniedziałek, 24 maja 2004 14:48, Fabrice Mous napisał:
> Hi all,
>
> I've put a translation online of the relevantive study at the KDE
> Usability website[1]. Feel free to correct the document which is located
> in KDE CVS. It could be that not always the correct wording is used.
>
> Most stuff discussed in this study is mostly already corrected in KDE
> (CVS). It would be cool if the usability team could point out at every
> recommodation relevantive makes wrt usability what is done to imporve the
> situation.

Some comments:

5.4.1
Done in CVS - I have Control Center in Kstart menu.

5.4.2
This is a problem in KDE - there are too many different wordings for
very similar or identical actions.

5.5.1
KFind wildcards - I think problem was discussed here after previous
Relevantive report and consensus was their proposition is good.
Silently rejected by developers?

5.5.2
Defining a date - problem was solved by using only popup calendar and
choosing date after click on day.5.5.1
[...]

"Still some obscurities remain. You would expect that the calender would
close
when a user hits the button to open the menu (recognized by an arrow
pointing
down). Well this is not the case. Even worse, when a user pushes that button
and he already did change some dates by using the blue buttons for year and
month, then those changes are lost. You need to set the dates again and
finally
you need to hit enter to close the dialog."

This problem could be solved by adding small OK button on the right
sight of date. There is some place.

What I find disturbing is <Esc> does not work for canceling action.

5.5.3
I like it. Visual feedback like in Konq tabs.

BTW, it could be implemented everywhere in KDE, eg. in KOrganizer in
events dialog.

5.6.4
'All contacts' is a good idea. My suggestion is to add 'clear' button to
filter field.

5.8.1
Full ack.
Other solution is to check if file has extension, and when negative give
error message and redisplay file dialog with previous name and location
and focus in file type list.

m.
Learn Touch Typing with Vim: http://www.vim.org Script #461
vim.pl - http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj