List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Tree widget decoration
From:       tina trillitzsch <t.trillitzsch () gmx ! de>
Date:       2004-05-08 15:02:24

Am Fri, 7 May 2004 17:12:51 -0300
schrieb Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <gustavo@gsbarbieri.sytes.net>:

> Em Friday 07 May 2004 06:47, Florian Graessle escreveu:
> > Besides in my opinion a "right" arrow is not as contrary to a
> > "down" arrow as "plus" is to "minus".
>
> They are not contrary, but they represent something is folded (>)
> and something is unfolded down this point (V). Gnome even had an
> animation which I found really cool.

Yes, of course, you may like it that way, but this is about usability, not coolness. \
It's simply illogical. Who would know that > ist contrary to v (down) if they had no \
pc experience whatsoever? Plus and minus are a lot clearer, and anybody who had math \
in elementary school can understand at first sight that they are contrary to each \
other.

tina