List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: proposal for the konqueror sidebar
From:       Henrique Pinto <henrique.pinto () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2004-05-07 19:28:47

Em Sex 07 Mai 2004 13:34, Stian Søiland escreveu:
> Why would I want that? I don't want three different tab-options for
> every possible files. I only use the tabs for web pages, and
> occationally for different directories. Never for files.
>
> And if that's important, why not include the tab-stuff in the "Open
> with.." submenu and rename it to "Open .."? (That would be nice, since
> the right menu now does not indicate that those 'tab' stuff actually is
> just "Open".)

Opening a file is the most common action one would perform. As such, you would
be actually decreasing usability by moving the open-related actions to a
submenu.

And many people use Konqueror as a Universal Viewer. I never open a kghostview
window. Konqueror can embed KGhostview's KPart quite nicely.

And also, there are not three different tab-options. There's just "Open in new
window" and "Open in new tab". What version of KDE are you using?

--
	Henrique Pinto
	henrique.pinto@kdemail.net