List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Drag and Drop Up-One-Level
From:       Stian =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F8iland?= <stian () soiland ! no>
Date:       2004-05-07 13:31:28

On 2004-05-07 07:40:08, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:

> I don't know why hard link doesn't catch up... they have some limitations,
> sure, but some strenghs too! They never get broken :) Maybe if it just
> appears where it can be applied, it will work.

As long as linked file has some indication on the icon so you understand
it is not the only place the file exist.

(therefor, if you have created two dirs, with hard-linked
files, it could be possible to see that files in both dirs are
hardlinked - and therefore that they MIGHT be the same files - avoiding
editing a file that should have been a copy)

However, hardlinking is an 'advanced' feature that should be forcibly
turned on, as it might be hard to understand at first. (And might
confuse people who think it's a quick way to make backups (it's fast!))

--
Stian Søiland               Work toward win-win situation. Win-lose
Trondheim, Norway           is where you win and the other lose.