List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: proposal for the konqueror sidebar
From:       Stian =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F8iland?= <stian () soiland ! no>
Date:       2004-05-06 23:08:57

On 2004-05-04 13:35:51, Davide Ferrari wrote:

> And, most important of all (I'm thinking about it since some time),
> there's a need to have a more dynamic and context-sensitive
> rigm-mouse-button menù! it pops-up the same standard actions on all
> entries, without caring about what that entry really does, and this is
> not correct in my opinion.

Agree!

and the right-menu of today on files is TO LARGE.

Why are these options available when clicking on a file daniel.pdf?

    Open in new window
    Open in background tab
    Open in new tab
    Undo: Move
    Paste
    Add to bookmark
    Preview in  (in addition to Open with)
    Copy to public folder
    Encrypt file
    Edit file type
    Create data CD with K3b

Even more crap appears on .txt-files, and on directories it self, the
whole screen is filled with some popup menu. It is totally useless.

This makes it really hard to find what I'm really looking for. (This
time: Open with .. Acrobat reader)

These are the only options that should be displayed, in this order:

    Open with ..
    Cut
    Copy
    Rename
    Move to trash
    Move to ..
    Copy to ..
    Properties

--
Stian Søiland               Work toward win-win situation. Win-lose
Trondheim, Norway           is where you win and the other lose.