List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Choosing View modes
From:       "Jamethiel Knorth" <jamethknorth () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2004-04-22 2:16:18

>From: Leo Savernik <l.savernik@aon.at>
>Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 18:27:17 +0200

>Am Mittwoch 21 April 2004 14:56 schrieb Jamethiel Knorth:
>[...]
> > It still remains, what are people's opinions on using the combined
> > toggle/dropdown button?
>
>We need a specification what "toggling" is about to do. Switch between
>available views? Switch between available categories (kparts)? Something
>else?
> >
>[...]

Ah, yes. I should have restated what I had originally suggested fully. As
before, I need to not post while tired, yet here I am again.

The way I see it, the list is divided into three categories of view types:
Icon Views, List Views, and Special Views. Toggling would switch between the
most recently used icon and list views. So, by default, this would toggle
between Icon View and Details View. However, if someone usually used another
view in one of those sections, it would adapt to that a bit.

I think the main usage of toggling views is to switch between the Icon-Type
views and the List-Type views (If you disagree, please do tell. I haven't
had a chance to do any study, this is just based on general recollections of
watching people use computers and some logical thought).