List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: View modes in konqueror
From:       Peter Postmus <p.postmus () st ! hanze ! nl>
Date:       2004-04-19 21:53:46

On Monday 19 April 2004 22:39, Leo Savernik wrote:
> Indeed, that the first time I have seen this menu at all. I do not want
> that menu as a drop down menu for a unified "view" button, it's too
> crowded. Removing modes isn't an option either (we aren't gnome, are we?).
> A compromise would be not to include all the modes, but only the most
> useful ones, like:
> - - icon view
> - - list view
>
> and the button toggling between them.
>
> However, I think the current solution is better.

You're right, the button menu would become too crowded (especially when
FSViewPart and Cervisia are in there as well). That's why I suggested the
possibility of customizing a single List View mode.

Hmm, I was just wondering why KFileReplace is in the View menu but not
accessible through the view mode buttons.. until I selected it. Man, that's a
lot of buttons on the toolbar: 29!! And the menubar is altered as well: 12
items... seems like there's still lots of work to do ;).

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
With kind regards,

Peter Postmus