List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Cleaning up KDE: Konqueror-Toolbars and the Kicker
From:       Mihnea Capraru <mihnea_capraru () yahoo ! de>
Date:       2004-03-30 14:30:05

Am Dienstag 30 März 2004 13:52 schrieb Dik Takken:
> Average users don't use the menu, because it's so crammed with features
> that they can't find anything in there. Go blaim the style guide. The RMB
> also must be considered 'inaccessible' by average users, because average
> users seldomly press any other mousebutton but the left one.

That's right. Average users mostly do not know there is an RMB menu first of
all. Take toolbar buttons away, and they're lost.

Besides, people really use the cut/copy/paste buttons. They don't use keyboard
shortcuts as they seem to be too much to learn and only suitable for IT
professionals (I'm sorry this sounds harsh, but that's the truth).

However I do suppose that the "security" and "print frame" buttons could be
safely removed, probably others as well.

But really, removing buttons that many (especially not very experienced) users
actually do use would not be the most straightforward way towards improving
usability :-)

Mihnea Capraru