List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Cleaning up KDE: Konqueror-Toolbars and the Kicker
From:       Davide Ferrari <il_vide () katamail ! com>
Date:       2004-03-30 10:05:09

Leo Savernik wrote:

> I'm opposing the removal of cut, copy, and paste as:
> - - it is possible to cut, copy and paste text from/to konqueror.
> - - the kde style guide strongly suggests to include those actions.
> (I don't use them, so I won't complain if they're actually removed.)

But this is *non sense* !!!
Cut/copy/past are strictly context-dependant!! If I highlight some text
in a web page and I want to copy it, then the most quick way (except
CTRL+C shortcut) is to RMB click and then LMB on "Copy".
I think no one use the copy button on the toolbar. It has no meaning at all!
And, if kde style guide tells so, then let's change kde style guide. Or
let's close usability issues and discussions.