List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Cleaning up KDE: Context-menus
From:       Janne Ojaniemi <janne.ojaniemi () nbl ! fi>
Date:       2004-03-29 19:22:25

> No, because the "open in new tab" and "open in new window" is something I
> would like to have quickly. Moreover, I think that RMB click in Konqueror
> FM is almost *always* used to open that particular folder in another way,
> or to get its properties. So IMO it must remain the same.

You do have a good point. But having two separate entries for functionality
that is more or less the same, does make the menu look more cluttered.

> You are again wrong, IMO, cause "Actions" sub-menu is something more than a
> "Open" enhanced. You can put almost everything in the Action menu (like
> sending file via Bluetooth, attach a file to an email, zip a directory etc
> etc), so it definitely shouldn't be under "open"

The reason why I suggested moving "Actions" under the "Open with...." is that
that way we could remove one group from the menu. If we don't move "Actions",
we would have two groups in the menu with just one entry in each. Having the
two in one group would eliminate one entire group from the menu. But I think
that area should be discussed more.