List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Cleaning up KDE: Context-menus
From:       Sashmit Bhaduri <smt () inbox ! lv>
Date:       2004-03-29 18:50:29

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Quoting Davide Ferrari <il_vide@katamail.com>:>
> Following this way of thinking, we should implement everything in the context
> menu cause everything could be removed from other places, while context menus
> are no easily editable.
>
> Context menus should be, please remember, a shortcut to something important
> and useful in that *context*. The name itself explains :)

Yeah, however, I think in this case, if you visualize the desktop as just a
view, you are missing out on what many users think of it as. In that case, lock
screen *is* context specific to the desktop.

This is something that KDE gets right and other environments don't.
-- Your free mail Inbox.lv

---
This message contains no viruses.
Guaranteed by Kaspersky Anti-Virus.