List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: kdesu::slickness++
From:       Frans Englich <frans.englich () telia ! com>
Date:       2004-03-25 18:45:08

On Thursday 25 March 2004 10:06, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> On Thursday 25 March 2004 00:01, Frans Englich wrote:
> > On Wednesday 24 March 2004 22:46, Simon Perreault wrote:
> > > Frans Englich wrote:
> >
> > <snip>

> > > This is a security feature, not a usability one. There is no
> > > similarity.
> >
> > Alrighty then.
> >
> > Either A) You are plain stupid; B) You can't swallow your pride or C) I
> > am wrong.
>
> Do you have to be insulting at all costs?

That's quote out of context. Below I write "A, B or C? I don't know" meaning I
am quite neutral to where the problem lies.
Of course the statement can be interpreted as an insult but it is actually a
quite exact reflection over where this discussion has stranded. I have
explained this numerous times and counter replies have either been irrelevant
or simply wrong. It suggests that either people don't get it; they get it but
refuse to admit or that I am simply wrong. We can split C into C) Frans is
plain stupid; D) Frans can't swallow his pride, if that sounds better(it is
of course equally correct).
Can we just drop this? I got better things to do.

> > I've tried extensively to do something about A; I can't do something
> > about B and someone will to explain to me about C. A, B or C? I don't
> > know.
> >
> > The code for this is partly in HEAD, partly in the new_kcm_code branch.
> > If anyone think their reasoning holds for getting this reverted when it
> > gets merged into HEAD, are highly welcomed to subscribe to kde-cvs and
> > object when the merge takes place.
> >
> > I'm out of this discussion.
>
> You could have spared us the discussion in the first place if your plan was
> to do this in any case.

Why don't you look up the date of the commit?

When I started this thread nothing was committed. When I posted that I got an
idea which everyone would like, nothing was committed. People complained
about the idea but had no good arguments.
It's not like I have kept it a secret - I have discussed it, you are aware of
it and are free to bring it up as many times you like. Why not take it to
kde-core-devel? I don't mind.

If you want to nail me, reply to my latest explanation of the rationalis and
knock over my arguments. It's that simple. If you are right, which then will
be pretty clear, I will of course be thankful since it resulted in a better
result.
But until someone do that, I will not revert those two chars.

			Frans