List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Tabbed browsing vs taskbar grouping; a proposal.
From:       Jorge Adriano Aires <jadrian () mat ! uc ! pt>
Date:       2004-02-29 15:19:46

> We could enhance the kicker like this:
> * single click: go to the most recently used konq window
> * click and hold: popup the list of all open konq windows (the current
> behaviour)

This is nothing like the tabs situation. If the konq you select is not on the
right tab you just chose the appropriate tab. In this case if you click and
it is not the konq you want then you have to minimize it and use the other
process to open it.

Most times you won't know if the one you want is the most recent one, so
you'll just use the "normal" process (which will be more annoying then it is
now because you'll need to hold for some time). Many people will probably not
even understand the logic behind it? "Why is it opening this one".

Have you tried using "tear-off handles" in the menu applications? They used to
be on by default, but now I they don't even work anymore. (KDE 3.1.5, don't
have 3.2 in here to test it, anyone knows if it's fixed?). In theory you
should be able to click, get the usual list of konqs, then tear it off and
use it (clicking on the apps to restore, minimize them). It's probably not a
great solution but it might help in some situations.

J.A.