List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Some prelimary work on a new KControl...
From:       Tom Chance <lists () tomchance ! org ! uk>
Date:       2004-02-24 0:33:14

On Monday 23 Feb 2004 23:53, Benoit Walter wrote:
> Yes, I start a new thread about kcontrol :-) This time with something more
> concrete to discuss as I have created a prototype for a new kcontrol.

It looks very promising! A few things:

- By having the help permanently placed on the left, you reduce the screen
width; many KCMs are already hard-put fitting into the 640px width, so this
could be a problem (though I do like the help being there)

- I wonder how well it would scale with large fonts

- The "... or enter a query" is a bit ambiguous, since it is not IMO
sufficiently obvious that it is linked with the bold text above. Better would
be "Enter a search query"

Regards,
Tom