List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Configuration as themes
From:       Luciano Montanaro <luciano.montanaro () consulenti ! fastweb ! it>
Date:       2004-02-20 14:03:34

On Friday 20 February 2004 00:39, Jamethiel Knorth wrote:
> I do not like the method of having the themes existing for most every
> section (as was demonstrated in a screen-shot of a new fonts dialog). It
> makes the control center ENORMOUSLY more complex, in that there are simply
> too many options. As there is already a problem with too many options, I
> think that should be avoided.

Well, but if (using my hacked fonts panel as an example) the panel were
modified to let the user choose one of a number of font configurations as
the principal mode, with a preview in the style of the color panel as
the main interface, and it offered a way to edit and save the current theme
as an option, the choice for the user would be easier on a first level (try
out one of a few font settings until a satisfying one is found), and yet
it would be possible to add more options (e.g. the font to use for tabs and
group boxes could be customized, given some support in the themes).

Personally I like to use similar fonts on the whole interface, but with
size/weight/slant variations.

Luciano