List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Shutdown dialog
From:       Benoit Walter <b.walter () free ! fr>
Date:       2004-02-19 17:10:49

On Thursday 19 February 2004 16:26, Davide Ferrari wrote:
> Benoit Walter ha scritto:
> > I would really like to have some feedback before committing, so please
> > give me your opinion (patch attached). Suggestions for a new design are
> > welcome, too (.ui, mockups).
>
> Nice idea :) but..I don't think that "Settings..." is right-placed here,
> cause I'm supposed to halt the machine, or log off in this dialog,
> configuration shortcut is redundant in my opinion. And I also think that
> we should have foour equal-designed button:
>
> - End session
> - Turn off computer
> - Reboot computer
> - Return to desktop (aka Cancel)
>
> these are IMO the most intuitive operations in this context

Yes, that makes sense. My initial idea was to make sur that we can easily find
the options (to disable the dialog or change the default selection for
example). But that's something you don't need to access frequently, and as it
leads to some problem, I have removed it. But I agree with Sander, we should
somehow provide a help message that points to the settings.

Here is a new screenshot, following your advices:
http://www.avenheim.online.fr/logout_new2.png

Benoit.