List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Panel Arrangement KCM
From:       Nilesh Bansal <nilesh () iitb ! ac ! in>
Date:       2004-02-11 21:23:25

Aaron Seigo wrote:

>>>this is a technicality. people tend to perceive the menu as part of the
>>>panel.

Infact a good design is one by seeing which a user can easily figure out
conceptual model(that is what exactly happens at backend). If KMenu is
part of Panel then people will believe that KMenu is a part of panel(as
in windows).

Adding a lot of modules in KCM is also not a good idea. May be we can
have something like related modules, that is when you open Panel
configuration tab it shows you taskbar and KMenu in list of related
configuration modules. This idea can be used at other places also, like
if I am changing my window style it is very likely that I change my
colour scheme and window decoration.

>>In the current situation things are slightly confusing when configuring
>>a second panel that does not contain the kmenu button, because the menu
>>tab is always present.
>>

>are you truly confused, or just imagining somewhat _could_ be confused?
>do you notice that the panels are listed on the tabs, not globally?
>
>- --
>Aaron J. Seigo
>while (!horse()); cart();

Nilesh Bansal