List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: ui redesign for konqueror settings
From:       Vincent Wagelaar <vincent () ricardis ! tudelft ! nl>
Date:       2004-02-09 2:14:31

On Sunday 08 February 2004 21:15, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> On February 08, 2004 12:48, Roland Seuhs wrote:

> > > general comments: i think your idea for an entry window is a good one.
> > > it could be a lot less verbose, but the concept is good.
> >
> > I'd like to know your opinion on this scenario regarding
> > Javascript-settings:
>
> i'd put it in Scripts & Plugins and not have an Advanced settings button at
> all.
>
> hrm.. let's see...
>
> File Manager
> =======
> Behavior
> Appearance
> Previews & Metadata
> File Associations
>
> Web Browser
> =======
> Behavior
> Fonts
> Web Shortcuts
> Stylesheets
> Browser Identification
>
> Scripts & Plugins
> =========
> Java & Javascript
> Plugins
> History Sidebar
>
> Security & Privacy
> ==========
> Cookies
> Crypto
> Proxy
> Cache
> Privacy Protector

Why not put it  in a tree like it is done in Kate? I normally don't like trees
but in this case when the tree is collapsed i think it's better than the
current situation. You get a better overview of the available options.

The stylesheets and fonts of the web browser could be merged to Appearance.
This makes it more consistent with the file manager.

Maybe a suggestion to make an annoyances (Annoyance Eliminator) preference for
things like popup blocking/flashing banners and friends instead of putting it
in Java & Javascript. I think more people are familiar with the annoyances
than the javascript that is causing them. I would also put Java in Plugins
(or Scripts & Plugins) as java is just a plugin like everybody else.

Cheers,
Vincent