List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: ad Kopete
From:       William Leese <william () leese ! nl>
Date:       2004-01-18 11:44:47

Martijn Klingens wrote:
> On Saturday 17 January 2004 14:24, Luke Sandell wrote:
>
>>On Friday 16 January 2004 11:56 pm, Sean Lynch wrote:
>>
>>>What about the first time the user presses enter in a text chat in
>>>kopete, it prompts them whether they were wanting to send the message now
>>>(and continue to default to that action) or whether they were just
>>>wanting to start a new line (and also continue to use that action as
>>>default).
>>
>>Genius!
>
> Little spoiler: since we're talking about a popup here and the user is typing
> we must make sure he doesn't accidentally dismiss the popup with Enter or
> Space here.

Wouldn't it be a better idea to, once implemented, include this in the
'configure your IM accounts' wizard? Best to bother the user once for a
little longer than bothering the user twice I'd think. Also, to add to
the confusion/annoyance, the described behavior isn't found in anyother
KDE application AFAIK.

   - William